Sunday, July 10, 2016

Smith Memorial Playground Introduction

My name is Zoë Greggs and I am currently interning at Smith Memorial Playground in Fairmount Park. I began the internship on May 23rd, and immediately was introduced to the wonderful employees working at Smith. The playground is located on 6.5 acres behind the Smith Mansion which was previously owned by Richard and Sarah Smith in the late 1800s. The reason why Smith is so amazing is because it's free to families. What drew me to interning for the park, was it's dedication to providing a space for all backgrounds and "classes" to play and be free.

The first week was used as a way for me to get comfortable with the park and my job. I was given the task of helping promote their musical festival Kidchella which will occur around 3 times over the span of the entire summer. Kidchella showcases different genres of kid's music and helps raise money for the park in the process. The first concert was on  June 15th and the second is coming up quite quickly. Over the course of my internship, I have collected photographs that I will share over the span of my posts. I am eager to share my journey from this internship and how it has changed my view of my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment