Thursday, July 28, 2016

Proffesional and long term goals

The summer fellows program helped clarify some of the goals that I have in a couple different ways. I realized that I want my own personal studio (not connected to the university) much sooner than I had realized. I have realized that it's one thing to be able to acquire a studio but also being able to keep up with it and pay rent and other studio related expenses. I know that I need to start applying to get my work into galleries but realize that I still need to continue to explore different possibilities of art. I want all of these "grown up artist" things but I still have a lot of learning to do. So I guess I'll set that as another goal; Learn as much as possible. In the far future I think it might be a good idea to consider opening a gallery of my own. I would love to be able to showcase other emerging artists work and help them get off the ground. Below is pictures of Michele's first painting on a canvas since she's started making her work on wood panels.


No comments:

Post a Comment