Saturday, July 30, 2016

Music Lessons

The office that I work in is right in between the two music rooms and most afternoons, I could hear kids taking instrument and voice lessons. I took piano lessons when I was younger and guitar when I was around 14, but never spent a lot of time practicing and writing myself until the last year when I started a band. I wish I had stuck with music as a kid instead of waiting until now to put any effort into it!

I made a video to promote the music lessons on social media using the song "twinkle twinkle little star." It starts with piano because that's a common instrument that kids start learning on, and then other instruments (or just things that make sound) are added into the song. The handwritten piece at the end helps relate the video to some other visual things I've made this summer, because I want everything to have a consistent look.


One of the best parts about making the videos and pictures this summer has been being able to apply my own personal style to someone else's concept - I've been able to take things that I love to use in my own work, like handwritten text and very quick cuts, and put them in these videos. I use similar visuals in all the videos and pictures to create consistency and represent the spirit of the art center.

No comments:

Post a Comment